Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I love being a mom, but lately I have just really gotten frustrated with it. Between the whiny-ness, potty training that she is insistant that I and ONLY I can help her and MUST stay in the bathroom with her or else she cries, the obsession with TV or lollipops, her way too fast busy naughtiness, early mornings or no money to go out anywhere, I'm just over it somedays.

Especially when my husband gets to go on work retreats or gets paid for a "white day" which is when he gets to just go away for the 8hrs and spend time with God. Or a "mental health" day where he gets paid to not work.
Or is given gift cards because he is appreciated...

It makes me jealous and miss going to work myself.
Especially around the holidays. I miss Secret Santa gifts and Christmas parties and knowing for the most part what my day was going to entail - without much whining.

Being a mom is so under-appreciated.
I don't get feedback from clients saying "wow this is so great, thank you!!" or co-workers asking how I did something because they like it and having an intelligent conversation about it.
I get "Mommmmaa pleeease.", "Momma no!", "No! no!"
But I do get the amazing hugs and laughter and smiles... which are great... just... not the same thing.

But I don't get to have a Christmas party on the  company where I get to dress up and go out and have fun - eating & drinking on their expense. Sure I can do those things, but at MY expense.

Secret Santa is replaced with BEING santa... with no gifts back from your kiddo, unless the spouse does it.

I just feel take for granted right now. Probably just tiredness and hormones... I know I wouldn't trade this motherhood thing for a full-time job anyday, but I just miss those things ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment