Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happiness Challenge

While driving home the other day, (okay actually I was sitting in traffic at a stoplight),  I was looking around at the people and no one was smiling. Not even me. And I was struck with a memory of myself in highschool, driving the family's big ol Ford druck down the freeway (probably speeding, ha!), windows down enjoying summer heat and sunshine (NO AC in that beast) and belting out a song with the radio (which doesn't work now)... with a HUGE smile on my face.
TOTALLY happy at that moment.
(of course then I heard someone honk at me and they waved cheering on my singing, oh my. they can hear me??!?  oh well! I just laughed it off and kept on singing! haha ;D such a great memory!)

So now I'm thinking, wow, when was the last time I did that?? well... not drive the truck, but be THAT happy??
It's been a struggle since having Karlie... or maybe more like... since being pregnant? To be happy.
I WANT to be happy.. I want to feel care-fee and light again... but its like I don't know how to anymore. Its so weird.  I chalk it up to the whole hormone imbalance thing that's getting worked on, anyways... the point is... I decided I needed to TRY to have MORE Happiness in EACH DAY. NOW.

Alright back to sitting in traffic, thinking about needing to be happier... Didn't people ever tell you to fake smile for a while and something chemically changes in you and you start feeling better?  or people say that "laughter is medicine for the soul, its healing to laugh." So this is what the challenge is made from.

I am going to challenge myself to laugh everyday... like GUT laughing. not the polite "hee hee", but laughing for like 30minutes.

Still figuring out how to exactly set this up so that I am definitely going to have something help me laugh GOOD each day.  And also SMILE more. I think everytime I wash my hands I am going to smile.  probably going to creep people out, "why did that girl start smiling as she started washing her hands?? weirdo!" hahaha  awe, good times are a'comin!

DO you have any good ideas or suggestions on getting that good gut-laugh that makes you cry or pee your pants? A good comedian? A funny comic strip? a hilarious movie? silly story? always make you laugh blog? please share!!!

June and July... you are going to be the happiest months of my year so far!!!  I can't wait!!!  :D
~becky

bet this made you laugh!!  It did for me ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment