Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The past month of Thankfullness

Every November I try to purpose each day to be thankful for something different. ON facebook people were posting it each day, and I started out doing that... but then I started not getting on there every day, so I was playing "catch-up" on my days of thankfulness and decided instead that I am going to just list 30 things I am thankful for.
But I wonder...
can this mindset carry over to the other 335 days of the year?
Can we all Purpose to slow down and give thanks for something each and every day?
I like this challenge, I think it will keep us with a positive focus on our lives if we did this.

I am thankful for (and not really in this order) :
1. Jon - he is such a caring, kind & loving husband who makes me laugh and is supportive of me
2. Karlie - she is such a bright, sweet girl, making each new thing she learns such an exciting time
3. Our Families - their love, support and willingness to help and wanting to be involved in our lives is so great!
4. Our Friends - we are blessed with so many awesome people in our lives! Some are far, some are near, some have been where we are just starting and offer great insight and advice, other are in the same life stages and can commiserate, and others are in totally different walks of life and offer different views on things; everyone keeping us well rounded, educated & loved in different ways.
5. Phones! For being able to communicate instantly & hear peoples voices, or send a quick text
6. A warm home - being safe from the elements of weather
7. Cars - being able to go visit friends & family quickly, warmly and safely
8. FOUR seasons of weather here in Idaho - right now the bright white snow of our winter wonderland, the fresh new colors of spring, the heat and greenery of summer and the vibrant colors of fall.
9. Cameras to capture the precious moments in life and add more to our memories
10. Sleep for 6+ hrs- sure missed it and won't take it for granted!
11. ENERGY!!  Love being able to DO stuff and not feel like it takes everything I have to accomplish the bare minimum
12. All the Service Men & Women who protect & fight for our country, I am grateful for their sacrifice for my freedom
13. Talented hair-stylist friends who do my hair & help me feel prettier
14. Christmas music on the radio for ALL to hear!
15. Christian music stations: Air1 & KTSY - again for ALL to hear! :) what a great freedom
16. "God First Fridays" at our church the Pursuit - great way to start the month
17. Our Church the Pursuit - a great community of believers & friends
18. Freedom to worship & pray to The Lord
19. CLEAN Running water!! - not having to go to some water hole and HOPE it was clean :P
20. Doctors and the ability to go to one right away, locally!
21. Jon's jobs - that God has provided and provides for us through
22. Tea - soothing to the soul and tastebuds :)
23. Instant HOT water - so nice to not bathe in cold stuff or boil it
24. Beds - sooo much more cozy than a floor
25. Having family close by so Karlie can play with her cousins
26. Shovels to move the snow with... (although now my shoulders, neck & arms are sooo sore & worn out from shoveling yesterday! I even have a BLISTER!!!?! what a wussy I am! haha)
27. Facebook for being able to keep on peoples lives
28. Electricity, so nice to be warm and have lights! and cook without a fire
29. Nap time - time to myself!
30. lazy days - okay ran out of things! haha, but I do like them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment