Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Monday, November 15, 2010

Make each day count.

well, my original plan of posting daily already has not happened. :P  but oh well, this is my blog and I guess I can do whatever! ;) haha  The days have been full, as each day with my supergirl toddler is always busy!
My heart is hurting for a friend (& her husband/family), as her mother-in-law passed away thursday night, after a long battle with cancer. She was only in her 40s... so young. I know when I was younger I thought 40s was old, but now that I'm about to turn 30, its not that far away. It brought back this dream I had a while ago... I had just got news that I had just a few months to live and I was thinking of all the things I wish I had done, but was too scared, busy or was just putting-off to another day. I was thinking "I wish I had done those things. You don't know how many days you have, so we have to take each one we have and use it to the fullest!! :)
Maybe we don't do things because it "might be" awkward...  okay, it might be. But what if it isn't? And if it is, how long do you think that awkwardness will last? Really, you aren't going to be thinking a year later, "oh man, that was SO awkward! I really regret it." Pretty sure that's not gonna be the thought.
So, do yourself a favor. Do something TODAY, that you have wanted, but have been uncertain about. Me? Well, I am going to sit down and make that list of things I want to do, and start figuring out how to do them. I'm going to have a few tough conversations with a few friends that I love too much to not talk to them. And I'm going to go exercise. I'm going to get fit by my birthday in just... 7 weeks :) no more procrastination!
What are you going to do?
-bek-

No comments:

Post a Comment